Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Institute for Small Town Studies

There's a great organization based in Fairfield, Iowa, called the Institute for Small Town Studies.

"We provide community design assistance and small town planning services, pursue historic preservation, and develop educational programs based on small town themes."

Browse the site and look at the news articles that have links. If the ideas interest you, email the director and request that your name be added to the mailing list for their publication, fishwrap. I have the latest 4 copies, and I can vouch for their high quality.

This is an organization I would be happy to support. Their focus on small town community reminds me of the E.F. Schumacher Society. E.F. Schumacher's Small is Beautiful is on my personal top five list of most influential books.

Check it out after you look the ISTS website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home